Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

I call this one Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, partly because I like the book, but mostly because it’s a catchy title, and for me conjures up images, albeit misplaced, of Eve being tempted by a serpent in the Garden of Eden.

I still think they could have come up with a better story than a talking snake. Why not a cuddly bunny or a baby panda? Who can resist a baby panda? A lot of the women I know, and more than a few of the men for that matter, would run away screaming if they came across a snake, let alone stop to chitchat. Although as much as I love snakes and bunnies I'm not sure how I'd feel if either one of them started talking to me. Then again this necklace wouldn’t work with a baby panda…unless I did it in black and white…

Back to the subject at hand, the vines and flowers were all done freehand, but I found how to create Russian leaves here. If seeing the actual bead work step by step works better for you, here is another good tutorial. I love Russian leaves. Do yourself a favor and google images, they come in so many beautiful flavors.

This has all been an elaborate intro for my next post, because for a year and half I’ve sat on the leftover green beads from this project. Whatever could it be? I'll give you a hint it's not Kermit the Frog, other than that you’ll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment