Saturday, June 29, 2013

Creepy Clown Om Nom

 
 Where are the clowns? Send in the clowns.
Here is Creepy Clown Om Nom and his little black and white friend for you to color.
 
 
 
My first clown induced scare was Poltergeist. I love this bit by Dan Cummins about that clown and clowns in general.

Before that, the clowns of my childhood were depressing. They weren’t meant to be laughed with, they were meant to be laughed at. Unless they were being mean to other clowns, then it was ok to laugh with them. Velvet paintings of tearful hobo clowns illuminated the human condition, showing us the pain and misery behind the makeup. But it was this video that filled my young heart with utter despair, dancing clowns across a haunting melody. Shame on you Muppet Show, not only did I love you, I trusted you with my innocence.

My favorite and possibly the only clown movie I’ve ever seen is Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It’s an 80’s B movie, but it’s worth seeing at least once.

My last clown offering is Junie B., First Grader: BOO...and I MEAN It! We own all the Junie B. Jones books and they have been lovingly read and reread and when my kids are grown and gone, I'll still be reading them whenever I want a good laugh. In this one Junie B. learns some scary stuff about Halloween and decides to overcome her fears by being even scarier. What could be scarier than real witches and monsters? A clown of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment