Thursday, September 6, 2018

Still more textures...


This one I came up with on my own. Not that I think it's an original idea, I was just inspired by my craft closet rather than something online. It's one of my favorite textures so far.


It's just a feather smooshed onto some texture paste with a little more added on top and then painted. I bought a mixed bag of feathers years ago for crafty stuff with the kids and there's colors I don't like or there are feathers that are broken or not a nice shape and now I can make them into awesomeness.



This is little bits of wire.  It's 22 gauge wire that I had use for wire wrapping, then changed my mind. After I took it off it was all twisted and unusable, some of it even snapped on it's own it was so brittle from being overworked.  Seriously, just pieces you'd sweep into the trash.  Four of the longer pieces I bent into Tim Burton like curls and "S" shapes, the rest I cut up into small (10-15mm) pieces. The small pieces were applied with texture paste and then I laid the swirly pieces on top.


The base is whatever this stuff is.  It's a fabric like packaging material.  


I also revisited using string since I didn't like my last attempt.  
Adding texture paste randomly over the top makes all the difference.  

I tried my inks again.  They look so cool wet.


This is what disappointment looks like. 
Do most inks dry this light or is this why they were on clearance? 


Maybe I need some black ink in my life to achieve the look I want, 
but acrylics didn't do too bad a job of dressing things up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment