Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Creepy Gingerbread on the 1st Day of Creepmas


Every year on the first day of Creepmas we bring our neighbors Creepmas treats. This year we made Sam (Trick 'R Treat) inspired ginger cookies.  I had originally planned to do full body gingerbread men cutouts, but none of the button mold sizes were small enough to look right, not that these guys look quite right.  Then I decided to drop the whole cutout thing and make ginger cookies.  I deviated a little from the recipe at joyofbaking.com. I used one whole egg instead of two egg whites and dark brown sugar instead of light. Also a plus, the kids liked the milder flavor of these ginger cookies as opposed to hardcore gingerbread. 
I might have to make gingerbread cutouts in the future, I love these headless gingerbread people and I think an egg shaped cutter with the button eyes would make a perfect Mr. Gosh cookie. 

I love this Samta Claus from i-mockery.com.



In past years my daughter has always dressed up as Santa Death, but this year I decided to change things up.  I got a ghillie suit for Halloween, which was so much fun by the way.  I highly recommend putting out a bowl of candy and pretending to be shrubbery nearby.  I decided to don my ghillie suit for Creepmas as a demented tree, with some battery operated lights, including color changing eyeballs, a little garland and a Santa hat. Hard to tell from the picture. 



I know there is a lot creepy gingerbread out there and this isn't holiday themed.  This lovely scene by Rosa, is really Game of Thrones. I just can't help but think this is exactly what it looks like to be walking in a winter horrorland.  She does have a really awesome The Nightmare Before Christmas themed one, which is more appropriate, but I really love those trees.  And how cool is it to have an entirely gingerbread art based website?

No comments:

Post a Comment