Friday, May 26, 2017

Creepy Felted Easter Eggs


This is the last post about Easter stuff, at least until next year.  I've already covered zombie bunnies, this time it's creepy eggs.  The color mix of wool is the same as the bunnies for the rotten flesh, blood and bone.
 
[One great thing about hiring a zombie hand model for a photo shoot is paying an hourly rate for just the hand.]  



For the brain I started with an egg shaped.  Then I alternately snake rolled and needled felted pieces of pink wool until I had a long rope of it.   I swirled it around the egg and tacked it on with a few pokes.  Then I mixed some red and black and poked it into the crevices.




The eye started off as just a white egg.  And then the magic wool fairies showed up.  I really don't know what happened, I didn't expect it to turn out this good. 




The bunny skull also started out as an egg.  I thought if the egg was very loosely felted I could just felt the features into it.  Maybe I should have built the skull up around the eye and nose sockets instead of just trying to hollow them out.  Also the egg being narrower on top didn't help.  Those eye sockets are felted rock hard. It's so hard, I broke a needle.  Maybe I could have cut into the sockets to make them deeper. I just decided to quit before I made things worse. Oh well, better luck next time and I'm sure I learned something from the process even if I haven't quite figured out what it is yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment