Thursday, December 6, 2018

GingerDead Houses & Creepmas Pies

Here are few Creepmas confections for your viewing pleasure.

No this isn't one of my creations, but I think I could handle this level of cookie decorating. Maybe that's why I love it so much. It's just so friggin' cute. I also love that a library held an event to decorate gingerbread zombies.


Curious Creations of Christine McConnell
I don't know if you've seen The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell, it's kind of like an Addam's Family baking show with muppets.  Most of her creations are far too elaborate for mere mortals, like this gingerbread house, but it's still fun to watch.  And it has a snarky mummified cat, so what's not to like?  She does a few things throughout  the series that are Creepmas worthy like shrunken head cookie ornaments and chocolate covered candy cane horns.  I thought the latter might be a fun way to make Krampus horns, but my first attempt at reshaping candy canes didn't go so well and I haven't had a chance to try again.

This face hugger gingerbread is also attributed to Christine McConnell on pinterest, but it doesn't link to any actual source.  It certainly looks like other Alien confections she's made.


Winchester Mystery House photo by AnywhereAtHome
The family I were on the west coast this summer and had the opportunity to visit the Winchester Mystery House.  So I thought it was cool to run across this photo of a gingerbread version along with an interesting read about the Flashlight Tour.  We just did the regular tour and I will say I'm glad I got to see the house, but don't expect much from the tour guides.  Sarah Winchester was a very private woman, and all the speculation on why she did things the way she did is just that, speculation.  So the guides don't have much to offer, but the good news is the house speaks for itself with it's unique architecture and details.   



This video shows all the Disneyland Haunted Mansion
gingerbread creations from 2001-2017.  


Zombie Cookies by NotQuiteNigella
This must be the tastiest horde of zombies ever.  Making zombie flesh colored gingerbread is dedication to detail.  Follow the link for the recipe and more pictures.


This time of year it seems it's all about the gingerbread, but I couldn't not share these pies, they are just too wonderful.  Click on the links for more info and videos on how they were made.

The Nightmare Before Christmas Carousel by PiesAreAwesome

Bad Bunny by PiesAreAwesome


Wilton Haunted Skull House
This isn't the most exciting house, but I wanted to share the techniques, which even a novice like me could do.  In fact last year I did something similar with a cobbleskull path.

2 comments:

  1. That little skull house is charming - just needs a wreath or two for that creepmas touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wreath would be perfect, preferably the kind with eyeballs and teeth.

      Delete