Sunday, April 19, 2020

Creepmas Came Early...

…or at least that's what it feels like.  Last week Lady M expressed interest in my pandemic masks and one does not want to disappoint the mistress of The Haunted Parlor.   By way of thank you, she has gifted me a box full of goodies!  Thank you Lady M for putting a smile on my face!

I am now the proud recipient of one of Lady M's coveted miniature Ouija boards.  So much detail in a thing so tiny, it's amazing.  I can't wait to start summoning micro demons.



And more of her laser work, bats...


…and witches & webs.  The webs are so incredibly thin and beautiful. 
It almost looks like quilled paper but with the sturdiness of wood.  


The lovely bones...

I'll have to think of something fabulous to do with all of these but you can see all the cool stuff she's done at the Haunted Parlor.  A few of my favorite posts are here, here, and here.


Also included in the mix, these tiny little potion bottles.



Pretty little bat earrings.  


And these cool skulls.

And there's still more.  It all came in this custom Haunted Parlor box, covered in vintage newspaper, where they can all reside while I'm waiting for my brain to kick in with creativity. I love the skeleton hand!



There are lot's of interesting ads and articles.  A reminder this is not our first rodeo...

Not sure if ice cream would even be the first thing anyone recovering from Covid19 would want, but all the local ice cream shops are closed anyway.  Which is a shame because the Chocolate Shoppe makes Exhausted Parent (bourbon-spiked espresso ice cream swirled with bittersweet chocolate chunks), that I'm sure everyone, not just parents could appreciate right now.


As an adult I generally pass on ice cream unless it's coffee flavored, that seems to balance out the sweet for me, although I occasionally indulge in Babcock's orange custard chocolate chip. Now as a kid, and up until my late twenties, it was always blue moon, which I didn't realize was a regional delicacy until I was older. 

Even though it's not my favorite thing, at this moment the simple indulgence of going out for ice cream would be heavenly.  Is it too much to hope Covid19 decides to take the summer off?    

2 comments:

  1. Your photography skills are great - you made these offerings look amazing. I am glad you liked them - I hope you could find a way to incorporate them into some of your projects. When I make tiny planchettes, I will send you one of those. Unfortunately, libraries are close hence no access to the laser cutter. Let's hope this stuff lets up by summer so we can all go out for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they look amazing, it's because they are amazing. I can't tell you how excited I am to see what you design for planchettes.

      Delete