Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Skull Beads

I encourage guests at my Halloween craft party to bring along any crafting bits, bobs, odds or ends they have laying about that they don’t use anymore.  I’m know I’m not  the only one hanging onto stuff I don’t know what to do with, but at the same time can’t seem to part with. Letting go is so much easier when you can watch someone else turn your junk into treasure.  Halloween is perfect for odd bits because no one can tell you that your monster can’t have only one leg, three mismatch googly eyes and a pink bow on its head.

This year one of the donated items was a bag of large wooden beads.  Armed with a Sharpie I drew a little skull face on one and then decided he needed a feather Mohawk.  Once the kids saw him, they had to make their own and a new craft project was born.  It doesn’t get easier than this and the kids had a lot of fun making them.  The feathers are easier to glue in if you use at least three or four to fill the hole. Next year I might thread the beads on some twine before I glue the feathers in to make a strand of hanging skulls.  I think smaller beads and feathers would make a cute pendant or even earrings.
   



No comments:

Post a Comment