Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Krampus & Yeti Cookies


I came across this Krampus cookie decorating class by Sweet Dani B. He kind of reminds me of Gary's very terrible monster, from the first book I learned to read.  Can I say how much I love the pile of children in the background?  As fabulous and fun as this Krampus looks, Jersey is little far for this Midwest girl to travel for cookie decorating.  But I thought maybe I could do my own version and yes it would end up looking like a Pinterest Fail, but as long as I had that cookie cutter, it couldn't help but be a little awesome. Right?


Well the Hug Monster Cookie Cutter also designed by Sweet Dani B is over $28.  The list price is $45, so I guess that's a steal.  It is an original design, copper cutter, but I make so few cookies, I just can't justify the cost.


So I went looking for alternatives.  This Yeti is similar and in fact I think you could make any yeti/sasquatch cutter do double duty as a snow monster and Krampus.


I love how Sweet Sugarbelle used an owl cookie cutter to make Yeti Cookies.  And even more genius to also use it upside-down to create two different poses.  I love it when ingenuity meets creativity.

Not only does the owl shape work as a yeti, but I can totally see Krampus possibilities.




I could see a goat or bull head cookie cutter, like this goat being used for an awesome Krampus face.



Some people are merely skin sacks full of blood and meat, and others make Yeti cookies with tools they already have on hand.  In an effort to be the latter I decided to not buy any cookie cutters and see what I could come up with using my meager supply, but I shall leave that for another day.



One more possibility is to go completely rogue and freehand it, like these lovely
Krampus Cookies by Black Friday.  I know better than to attempt that, it would just be a sorry waste of good cookie dough with my skills, but maybe you're as talented as she is.  

She also has a pretty cool Krampusnacht video.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow - these are all so cute- can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing nearly as fancy as these, hope to get pictures posted soon.

      Delete
  2. Hiya - one of the other creepers had a link to a Krampus cookie cutter on Etsy. Her blog is something like Dahlia July.
    www.etsy.com/listing/736176550/krampus-cookie-cutter?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=krampus&ref=sr_gallery-1-9&bes=1&source=aw&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=us_location_buyer&utm_term=3657&awc=6220_1575659841_543d8a6b43ac1967a7f62c641b3d542a&utm_content=504741

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool. I have to get around to seeing what everyone else is doing.

      Delete