Monday, December 7, 2020

Bloody Christmas Cookie Knives

 


For these cookies I used my go to sugar cookie recipe from Joy of Baking.  I've seen way fancier knife cookies with silver blades and handle details.  I'm not that fancy and does silver even taste good?  

Curious about the taste of Wilton's silver color mist I checked out reviews on Amazon and the first question is Will this product ensure my path to Valhalla? The answers are pretty funny.  In fact most of the questions are Mad Max related. These are the things that restore my faith in humanity.  

As far as actual reviews they ranged from no taste to strong chemical taste.  I did recently use a black color mist for a gingerdead project coming up later and it smells very ethanolly.  I think I'll stick to my unrealistic naked blades.

I've always used Wilton candy melts because that's what the craft stores carry, but they were all out of red this year.  Michaels did have red in a new line Sweet Tooth Fairy and those tasted fine and worked as expected.  

My family liked the candy melt coating on the sugar cookies better than the buttercream frosting I usually use, so these knifes have probably permanently changed the way we decorate cookies forevermore.  

The chocolate handles on the other hand are up to debate.  Some people loved the dark chocolate with the sugar cookie and others didn't care for the combination of flavors.  I thought it was just ok. 

I did consider sprinkling the blood with crushed candy cane to make them even more Creepmassy but didn't want to add too many flavors at once. I'll try it with a few next time.  

1 comment: