Thursday, December 12, 2019

Grinch Hatchling Cookies

Usually I muck with recipes, but the only thing I did with this recipe was rebrand it for Creepmas.  The recipe is for Matcha Amaretti Cookies by Love and Olive Oil.

I love the look of these with the green cracks like little budding grinches trying to break free.  The green color comes from the matcha green tea powder.  I used Carringtonfarms matcha powder because it was bright green on the package, and other brands at the store looked tan.  The actual powder is not the bright green on the package, but it is a deep alfalfa green.

I also used Bobs Red Mill super fine blanched almond flour.  The blanched part is important, they also have unblanched but that would affect the color.

The recipe recommends layering two cookie sheets together for baking.  I just used one and baked the cookies for 20 minutes.  The recipe doesn't say you can freeze them, but I did.  There's a lot going on, so I am very slowly getting my Creepmas baking done, everything goes in the freezer until it's all done.  So I'll report back how well they froze when I finally get around to dishing them out.

Not surprising given the matcha, almond flour and almond extract, these cookies taste like a sweetened almond flavored green tea.  I drink green tea, but I've never eaten it, so it was a different taste sensation for me.  I think I'll have to try a couple more before I decide how I feel about them.  I'll be interested to see what my Creepmas victims think.  My daughter thought they were "Meh."

I love the color, and will definitely be trying a few more recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment