Friday, December 5, 2014

Creepmas Carols

I have zero musical talent, but bubble-gum pop stars don't let little things like that stop them and neither will I.

So I came up with my own Creepmas carol, inspired in part by the movie 'Silent Night, Bloody Night'.  I generally only sing in my car or the shower, it's kind of a public service that I provide, but while I was trying the lyrics out loud my kids said I sounded really creepy.  So I thought maybe what this song needs isn't another Rosemary Clooney, maybe what it really needs is a delusional, tone deaf, psychopath.  Well two out of three isn't bad. 

So here is my rendition of "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  The scene is a slightly altered Christmas card.
 
 

I'll Be Home for Christmas

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
I’ve escaped the asylum
And killed the orderlies

Christmas Eve will find me
Lurking right outside
I'll be home for Christmas
You’d better run and hide

 I'll be home for Christmas
I know you’re to blame
I know you’re the reason
They all think I’m insane

 Christmas Eve will find me
Lurking right outside
I'll be home for Christmas
You’d better run and hide
 
 
Now that I've scorched your eardrums, let me introduce them to the soothing melody of Zombie Christmas by Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler
 
 
Here's a fun zombie video, Frosty Zombies:
 
 
And the classic "I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog-Sothoth":
 
 
Here's another original Zombie carol with a puppet:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment