Thursday, December 12, 2013

Creepmas Dream Catcher


Today I made a dream catcher for a little Creepmas spider in need of a home.  I made it the same basic way as my Halloween dream catchers, except in a winter wonderland color scheme with glitter.

The clear faceted beads are just there to look pretty only the white beads have a large enough hole to accommodate the feathers.  To really make it Creepmas, I suggest using pony skull beads, but this one is for a friend, so I toned down the creep factor.  

I won't have time to make one with skulls until after Creepmas, but I think you get the idea.  I also think it would look really cool if the tips of the feathers and yarn hanging down were dipped in red dye.  




Update:  After I finished the dream catcher above, I decided it wasn’t finished and added some sparkly holiday floral accents.  I didn’t take a picture, so you’ll have to take my word for the fact that it still remained simple yet elegant. 


I can’t say the same for the one I made for myself.  It’s big and gaudy, but I love it.  I used some of the mini salt dough skulls to accessorize. If Liberace’s skull vomited winter merriment, I think it would look a little like this. 







No comments:

Post a Comment